Home > 3D graphics, video games > Holy @#$! Awesome VR with Wiimote!

Holy @#$! Awesome VR with Wiimote!

January 10, 2008

Frequent readers will remember that I used to make video games in a prior life. So I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw this:

Someone, please, jump all over this and make me some games. (Yes, I’m gonna tell my game developer friends).

Why on earth hasn’t this spread all over the place? Thanks Geekdad!

Categories: 3D graphics, video games
  1. MrAnon
    January 10, 2008 at 10:15 pm

It already did spread all over the place several weeks ago! ;) His demo actually made me go track down a wiimote and a bluetooth adapter (and a bunch of IR LEDs from eBay) several days later. I’ve been playing with and slightly tweaking all three of his demo programs since then. Now I just have to affix my LEDs to my 99-cent store safety glasses…

The math portions are a bit beyond me (for the moment!), but interesting nonetheless. Brian Peek’s WiimoteLib that the above demo apps use is also an impressive piece of work.

2. January 10, 2008 at 10:58 pm

check this out..

Cynergy Labs: Project Maestro
    Minority Report Style Interface w/ Wiimote

Just scratching the surface I think

3. January 11, 2008 at 12:46 am

Seeing that makes me wish we could’ve kept Lyra Studios open and running…. not that we ever had a dev budget to capitalize on it. Too bad… I miss the gaming side of business…

But then again, now I am having a blast with photography and motorcycles :) Win/Win!

4. August 4, 2008 at 6:39 am

Genius!
    Now if only Wii would let homebrew code being run on it and Blender3D could be ported so that the gaming engine would work on the Wii!

5. November 6, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Love it! You got me so excited to get one and start shooting video!

6. qweqweqw
    January 10, 2010 at 6:38 am

This all-in-one Blu ray Video Converter helps you rip movies from Blu-ray disc and convert Blu-ray M2TS video to HD videos like HD AVI, HD DivX/Xvid, HD MP4, MOV, HD WMV, and general videos like AVI, WMV, MPEG, MP4, MOV, ASF, FLV, MKV, SWF and other formats with high quality. This Blu-ray Video Converter also helps extract audio from Blu-ray movies and convert to MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A and other files.

1. January 12, 2008 at 6:09 am

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 34 other followers