Home > smugmug > Windows 7 party with seven 7×7 In-N-Out burgers

Windows 7 party with seven 7×7 In-N-Out burgers

October 22, 2009
SmugMug's Craig Meakin downs a 7x7 for Windows 7

SmugMug’s Craig Meakin downs a 7×7 for Windows 7 by Chris MacAskill

First, let me preface this by saying this is a great way to kill yourself, and that I rarely eat meat or cheese, let alone 7 patties and 7 slices.  Please go read this book and this one if you’d like to know how I stay skinny, healthy, cancer- and heart-disease free.  Except when Windows 7 isn’t driving our company mentally insane.

So our Windows 7 copies arrived today, and some moron (my brother) decided that SmugMug needed to have a Windows 7 launch party like everyone else in the world.  Except unlike everyone else in the world, we needed to eat 7x7s at In-N-Out Burger.  (Yes, that’s 7 beef patties and 7 slices of cheese on each burger).  And we needed 7 of them, which meant seven Smuggies.

So with the Birthday Boy (a copy of Windows 7) in hand, off we went to In-N-Out.  Dude taking our order explained they no longer make 7x7s (we’ve ordered larger in the past, I’ve seen photos of 100x100s), and that 4x4s were as large as they could go.  We begged and pleaded, then called In-N-Out corporate HQ for special dispensation.  No such luck – 4x4s are the max from on-high.

SmugMug builds their own 7x7 burgers at In-N-Out

SmugMug builds their own 7×7 burgers at In-N-Out by Chris MacAskill

That’s ok, we can do math.  7 4x4s + 7 3x3s, plus a little manual dexterity, and we had accomplished our unholy feat:  Windows 7 with seven 7×7 burgers.  Better yet, 5 of us actually managed to eat the whole thing. (I even ate all 4 buns, alone among our triumphant victors).

Seven SmugMugs eat seven 7x7 burgers at In-N-Out for Windows 7

Seven SmugMugs eat seven 7×7 burgers at In-N-Out for Windows 7 by Chris MacAskill

Whew.

The seven 7x7s race is on!

The seven 7x7s race is on! by Chris MacAskill

Welcome to the world, Windows 7!

SmugMug's Craig Meakin is in it to win it!

SmugMug’s Craig Meakin is in it to win it! by Chris MacAskill

Now, O Wondrous Wizard of Windows, can you please tell Internet Explorer 8 to get with the program?  It *really* needs a speed boost, support for rounded corners plus gradients, and by all means, JPEG/GIF/PNG favicons!  Thanks!

See all the SmugMug Windows 7 party photos.

1. October 23, 2009 at 4:57 am

As gross as it sounds, those photos have me craving a 4×4 (or even a 7×7). ;) I haven't eaten at an In-and-Out in 9 years (last I lived in the US).

2. October 25, 2009 at 7:16 pm

No human being should consume that much meat in one seating.

3. October 25, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Smugmug is a Windows shop?

I thought you guys would be a Mac / Linux shop especially based on the 'alternative' (open source, Sun, etc) OS's you use to run to your servers. I feel a bit disappointed to hear that..

(Not trying to start an OS flame war here – just was surprised to see "Windows" and "Smugmug" in the same line pop up in my RSS reader)

4. Jeff
    October 26, 2009 at 2:28 am

Just moved to Minnesota last week… No more In-n-Out… ><
    What was I thinking?

5. Patricko
    October 26, 2009 at 2:51 am

You are a PC… :-(

6. Onijin
    October 26, 2009 at 2:54 am

Reminds me of my 18th birthday. Took down an 18×18 with a knife and fork, then went into a beef coma. God, a 4×4 animal style sounds good.

7. Darryl
    October 26, 2009 at 4:18 am

What? Did my last comment get pulled? I merely stated that from what I've read on SmugMug forums, there's plenty of healthy eaters (if not devoutly vegetarian/vegan) at SmugMug, due to the president of the company getting everyone to read The China Study. There's a long forum thread about it. Maybe they didn't like me linking directly to it?

8. Darryl
    October 26, 2009 at 4:21 am

Also, re: Windows vs. Macs. You Mac people need to lighten-up. 85% of the world (or U.S.?) uses Windows. So as a company that serves up a *LOT* of images and webpages to Windows users, you'd better hope that they have some Windows machines in their shop. (At least as a customer that's what I hope.)

Not to worry about their loyalties — I remember hearing that more than a few of their engineers run Windows inside of VM sessions running on their Macs. Is that ok with you Mac-heads? Yeesh.

9. October 26, 2009 at 4:25 pm

@Davis – we're all on Macs, but we use Windows every day also, since our customers use it, too :) So we use both!

10. October 27, 2009 at 1:02 am

Good work fella's. The pics are great.

11. dd112233
    November 12, 2009 at 12:59 am

TESOR is an ISO9001 certified professional manufacturer of car alarm, security alarms and immobillisers.If you worry about your car,we can help you to prevent thiefs. We accept OEM orders for nearly all products, including car alarm, security alarms, immobilizers,central lock actuators, sirens and switches.

12. Bill
    November 15, 2009 at 8:59 am

Your party made it to the official In-n-Out Burger fan page on Facebook… http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-N-Out-Burger/291

13. November 15, 2009 at 10:32 am

Wow… amazing. Almost enough to get a nikon user to switch over.

14. November 16, 2009 at 5:43 pm

I wonder what is available for the Vegan at In N Out. Only thing I came up with was French Fries. These photos crack me up, thanks for sharing.

15. December 4, 2009 at 10:29 am

That's great. At least one vegetarian in the group!

16. December 8, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Sorry? I hope the all be coll.

17. December 13, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Man, that is insane! I don't have an In N Out where I live, in fact, this is the first time I have ever heard of one. The best we have is a McDonald's and Burger King. Although, you did give me an idea: I could buy six double cheeseburgers stack them like you did. It won't be a seven by seven but it'll do.

Thanks for the inspiration.

18. December 24, 2009 at 5:36 pm

i thank google to bring me here and very thanks to you for the great article
    its very helpful to me
    happy new year

19. December 26, 2009 at 8:02 am

This is an unhealthy life style. So they do not.

20. December 26, 2009 at 9:45 am

Wow! I do crave for burger. I haven't eaten a 4×4 burger before but I've tried experimenting on making one. I've buy a burger on a fastfood chain and stacking all burgers, all in all 5 buns (half of a bun) and 4 patties.

1. October 25, 2009 at 6:15 pm
  2. October 28, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 34 other followers