SiN Episodes – your questions answered
January 30, 2006
UPDATE 5:20pm: Turns out Ritual has a survey up. Go let them know if you’d like Co-Op or any other form of multiplayer!
- Middle of March is the estimated ship date. But I’m pushing them hard (and sounds like they’re pushing themselves hard) to not ship before it’s polished. So if it slips, don’t kill me.
- The original SiN will come, free of charge, with a purchase of SiN Episodes. You can play it immediately, no waiting period.
- SiN-on-Steam will work for multiplayer (including the awesome SiN-CTF!) via Steam and Steam’s browsers
- SiN-on-Steam *is not* the Source re-make of SiN. Ritual’s working on it, but it’s a low priority right now.
- The “shaky cam” video from a tradeshow (CES?) isn’t very indicative of the current game. In that video, it looked sorta like a HL2 mod. The game itself doesn’t look or feel that way at all. I guess I played with a newer version, but the art and design didn’t feel like HL2 at all. There were one or two placeholder textures, but most of it looked like new art and definitely a new feel.
- Wages of SiN – Ritual wants to include this in the SiN-on-Steam package, but don’t know if they can yet. They’re looking into who has the rights, and whether they can get them if they can’t. They’re hopeful.
- Multiplayer in SiN Episodes – it’s coming, but not in Episode 1. Hopefully in Episode 2.
- Co-Op in SiN Episodes – A couple of people at Ritual would like to do this, but they’re not sure if lots of their fans really want it. Let them know if you do!
- There will be a mod SDK for SiN Episodes shortly after release.
- There’s *lots* of interactivity. I thought I made that clear in my first post, but I got questions about it. Lots!
- Elexis’ “assets” have more animation “bones” in them than the rest of her model total. Think DOA4 level reality on the animation of those puppies.
- ADV has a new SiN anime in the works. The first one was a blockbuster, so this should come as no surprise.
I’ll update again if there are more questions. Keep em coming!