Home > business, personal > Best. Commercials. Ever.

Best. Commercials. Ever.

February 25, 2006

Volkswagen recently released a series of commercials called “Un-Pimp Your Ride”. Check them out:

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

I was afraid they might be internet-only, but I’ve heard from people that they’re showing on TV. Way to go Volkswagen – if more companies would make commecials like this (or the FedEx SuperBowl one, for that matter), maybe people wouldn’t always fast-forward on their TiVos.

Categories: business, personal
  1. March 7, 2006 at 7:08 pm

Those are great!

2. R
    March 7, 2006 at 7:33 pm

This is great, loved it. I pissed my pants.

3. S
    March 7, 2006 at 8:55 pm

Who is that dude (The German guy). I recognize home from somewhere.

4. March 8, 2006 at 10:24 am

I think the whole thing is rather Stupid–Show the true features about the vehicle and why it is better than the rest of the pack.

5. Joe Moe
    March 8, 2006 at 12:49 pm

you probably recognize him from Fargo

6. E
    March 8, 2006 at 2:00 pm

The guy is from Fargo and The Big Lebowski and some other Cohen Brother’s movies. Don’t know his name, but he is always funny in a lowkey way. These commercials are great, however they are only commercials, I’ve had the nightmare of owning a VW in the past. And no commercial will convince me to go back.

7. Scoots
    March 8, 2006 at 2:15 pm

He is the dude feeding Steve Buscemi into the wood chipper in Fago – cosmonaut on MIR in Armageddon – also starring Steve Buscemi.

8. Arloa Stacy
    March 9, 2006 at 8:51 am

These commercials are an examlpe of how much we have deteriorated in our acceptence of unintelligent Junk on the tube. He’s not only not German but a bad actor as well. Arloa Stacy.

9. Steve
    March 14, 2006 at 7:44 pm

The commercials are designed to be funny and to stick in your mind. In that respect, I think they did a hell of a job. You can’t call it “unintelligent”. It was created purposely to grab attention. A success.

10. M
    March 15, 2006 at 11:28 am

They do take some time to grow on you, but after a while, phrases like ‘Vee-dub, representing Deutschland–jaaaaaaaa!’, combined with taking a wrecking ball to an overpimped ride, get funnier and funnier.

11. March 17, 2006 at 9:22 pm

To all the little boys and girls with the juked up lawn mowers for an engine….schhhnap!

12. Bob
    March 18, 2006 at 9:45 pm

Hey, I think the commercials are great, and wasn’t he in Bad Boys II also as that Russian mob guy?

13. steven
    March 20, 2006 at 12:17 pm

vw’s are awesome and are making a come back in ths us market. and the commercials are excellent i’d love to unpimp my room mates ride.

14. anonymous
    March 20, 2006 at 6:29 pm

it’s john stormare….

15. Sam
    March 23, 2006 at 12:47 pm

No, Peter Stormare. Swedish dude. Right now he’s on “Prison Break” on Fox.

16. the6th
    March 24, 2006 at 6:07 pm

who is the girl? she looks a bit like katie nauta from the transporter 2

17. robby
    April 14, 2006 at 7:22 am

yap, Great Commerical. but the truth is – – VW’s are made in Mexico… I lived in Germany and the cars there are way better.. the US market is full of VW junk made cheep, all the cars in the commerical except the focas, are more reliable, coveted, better looking and there form the early 90’s… so Vee Dub and the American car manufactures should take a hint or is it to late.. the Asian’s are kicking our ass…Thats a Fact….. the only cars with style are old American cars and Asian imports, witch run great + hold there value.. im not an idiot and will not buy junk.. have fun with you coil pack…hahahaha…. i’ll see all you VW’s in my rearview.. my fast is faster then yours…what a joke.. german car made in mexico then sold to Americans for top doller.. to pay for the commerical you just watched..

18. CHRISTINA
    April 21, 2006 at 4:34 pm

I LOVE VW…BY THE WAY IM WILLING TO PAY MORE FOR MY VW BECAUSE I DONT PUT A PRICE TAG ON SAFETY, AND PEACE OF MIND. BY THE WAY, JUST BECAUSE IT’S MADE IN MEXICO DOES NOT MEAN IT WAS ENGINEERED IN MEXICO, IT’S STILL A EUROPEAN MASTERPIECE, JUST OUTSOUCED A BIT. WHATS WRONG WITH MEXICO ANYWAY? ALSO, NOT ALL VW’S ARE MADE IN MEXICO, JUST CERTAIN MODELS. GO VW!

19. September 7, 2006 at 8:13 pm

Volkswagen have always been clever marketers. Remember their breakthrough campaign for the Bug ‘Stays Ugly Longer’. Simple and effective.

20. james
    September 17, 2006 at 12:21 am

I test cars until they die. Mitsubishi Eclipse, very bad engine after a little fun watch grey smoke coming out the exhaust. Nissan Ultima, Maxima, any Nissan, Whats in your wallet? Nothing! i.e. trannsmission problems galore. American cars are still called American because technically Canada and Mexico are a part of America so they can legally be called American. Hello. Also VW, I admit some models (new beetles) are a bit quirky but they hold their value well. Some models are made in Mexico, yes but the new rabbit and passat are made lovingly in Germany. Yes I said Lovingly, you see Germans have very good work ethics. They are perfectionists by nature and it shows in their products. It is just because idiots rule the roads now days. Anyone that does not know the intricate complications of the modern automobile and does not appreciate the men and women of Germany rubbing and smoothing and curling and finishing of each and every German made VW, do not deserve even a test drive. GTI is made in wolfsburg Germany along with the new Rabbit. They truly are great cars for the price! Go ahead shut the doors of a GTI and the shut the doors of any japanese product. BTW check out the amount of styrofoam between the body of the nissan ultima and the thin sheet metal that is trying to fill the GAP that is seen as you open the front door. just in front of the door as it is opened. Japanese engineering indeed!

21. September 18, 2006 at 7:34 pm

Commercial sticks in your mind? Sure it does, but it’s crap. Just like the cars. Are you buying a car or are you buying the commercial? VW once was a great car company; now they’re just peddling flash with no substance (or reliability).

22. Lauren