Home > business, family, smugmug > SmugMug on the front page of the LA Times!

SmugMug on the front page of the LA Times!

December 24, 2007

SmugMug isn’t your normal Silicon Valley startup. We do everything differently. And Jessica Guynn’s Column One article on the front page of the LA Times this morning captures our quirky nature perfectly. If you want a glimpse into our mad, wonderful world, head on over there for a great read.

Special thanks to Terry Chay and Stan Chudnovsky for introducing Jessica and making sure I followed up with her. 🙂

And an extra special thanks to all of our customers who’ve become part of the family and made SmugMug the company it is today. You’re the best!

Categories: business, family, smugmug
  1. December 24, 2007 at 3:54 am

I can’t wait to see what SmugMug does next! Congrats!

2. December 24, 2007 at 9:20 am

Congrats Don and crew!

Would like to read the article but I won’t whore out my info just to read it. Wish you could do a capture without running afoul of them🙂

3. December 24, 2007 at 9:43 am

Dang, that link wasn’t asking me to register earlier this morning.

Updated to one that that doesn’t. Sorry!

4. December 24, 2007 at 10:20 am

Hey, I didn’t realize you guys were Mormon!! No wonder I’m such a fan🙂

5. December 24, 2007 at 8:22 pm

This round of news appears to be getting more in touch with the inner side of Smugmug. Now I get a better glimpse of your family relationship. You folks really have a work-life balance working style.

Following Robert’s comment, I wonder how Smugmug’s growth is like compared to other subscription-based photo gallery sites…

cheers & Merry Xmas

6. nir
    December 25, 2007 at 10:52 am

l.a. times! very cool! congratulations!

7. December 25, 2007 at 10:14 pm

Sounds like Jimmy hit the nail on the head “work / life balance”. As opposed to a certain much larger company that recently re-branded their “work / life balance” plan as “work / life integration” because they expect every employee to be working for the company 24×7. (Seriously, the roll out charts for that didn’t even try to hide the intent.)

8. December 26, 2007 at 10:37 am

Congratulations on the article, Don & family! Looks like SmugMug is a great place to work.

9. Dave
    December 31, 2007 at 8:36 am

That’s great news🙂 I hope you get tons more subscriptions due to this.

P.S. Where do you post your job offerings for techno-weenies? (I can code, test, maintain most anything, and occasionally start small fires).

10. fabrizio
    January 1, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Smug is a special part of my life

1. No trackbacks yet.