Home > business, personal, recommendations > Tripit totally rocks.

Tripit totally rocks.

March 20, 2008

I’ve been telling everyone I know just how great Tripit is, but realized I hadn’t told all of my readers.

It’s the most useful web service I’ve seen in years.  It’s drop-dead easy to use (just forward your email confirmations) and just plain works.  I’m learning a lot about ease-of-use from these guys, and  I can’t imagine traveling without it anymore.

If you haven’t checked it out, go.  Now.

1. March 20, 2008 at 1:20 pm

I tried to use this a while back, and it barfed on my american airlines email. I figured that they would want to know about it — these emails are probably different or changing or whatever. (I’m taking a break from writing scraping software right now, so I can feel the pain.) The customer service response I got was terrible, and they kept on insisting it would work. And then I heard nothing. American Airlines was on their sites which they ostensibly supported, so it’s not like I was doing anything wonky.

When it doesn’t work and they aren’t helpful about it, it’s strange to see that people are doing marketing for them. Maybe it’s great, but it’s totally not worth the hassle to get it working.

2. March 22, 2008 at 4:57 pm

I’m in total agreement on the usefulness of TripIt. I was able to seamlessly import most of the details of my trip to Japan last year.

As chance would have it, I met Andy Denmark (one of the founders) last year on a flight back from NYC last year. I was very impressed by what he was planning to put in and would definitely put this down as an indispensable travel site.

3. November 6, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Love it! You got me so excited to get one and start shooting video!

4. December 31, 2009 at 5:10 am

I've canceled for many trips and consolidation for saving money, i found, many tips for crisis situation, i like this tips

5. werwer
    January 10, 2010 at 6:38 am

This all-in-one Blu ray Video Converter helps you rip movies from Blu-ray disc and convert Blu-ray M2TS video to HD videos like HD AVI, HD DivX/Xvid, HD MP4, MOV, HD WMV, and general videos like AVI, WMV, MPEG, MP4, MOV, ASF, FLV, MKV, SWF and other formats with high quality. This Blu-ray Video Converter also helps extract audio from Blu-ray movies and convert to MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A and other files.

1. March 22, 2008 at 7:42 am