Home > smugmug > Come see Batman on IMAX with SmugMug!

Come see Batman on IMAX with SmugMug!

July 17, 2008
Batman: The Dark Knight

Apparently it’s the best superhero movie ever made, and must be seen on IMAX. And you’re invited! We’re taking our company, family, customers and friends to Batman: The Dark Knight in IMAX! If you read my blog, that means you’re a friend – and eligible for a free ticket out of our block!

WHERE: Regal Hacienda Crossings Stadium 21 & IMAX, 5000 Dublin Blvd., Dublin, CA 94568
WHEN: 12:50pm on Friday, July 18th. Look for people in red SmugMug hats. 🙂

If you’d like a ticket, post in the comments, email me, Tweet me, something – I’ll reply to confirm we have enough tickets for you. If you want to bring your SO, friend(s), or family, let us know – we’ll try to accomodate as best we can.

Please arrive by 12:20pm so we can get you your ticket in time. We’ll give away any that aren’t there by the time all the SmugMuggers take their seats.

1. Alan Westbrook
    July 17, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Wow Don, I don’t think I can make it, but that’s incredibly generous!

Alan (from {*})

2. Harry Thompson
    July 17, 2008 at 7:04 pm

Hey, this is JT’s cousin – can we get two tickets? Thanks Don!

3. July 17, 2008 at 7:26 pm

@Harry Thompson:

Awesome! I have you down for two tickets. 🙂

4. July 17, 2008 at 7:54 pm

Don, Friday is the 18th.

How about 2? Myself and spouse?

5. July 17, 2008 at 8:16 pm

@Duane Stevens:

I have you down for two tickets. See ya tomorrow!

6. July 17, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Hey Don – Really very nice. I applaud this! Any chance you have a block in NYC? Have fun!

7. Chris Ueda
    July 17, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Hey Don,

Do you have room for one more?

8. July 17, 2008 at 9:09 pm

@Chris Ueda:

Yep, you’re in!

9. July 17, 2008 at 9:13 pm

Hey don,

By cranking through the morning, my calendar looks clear for the afternoon so I’m in for 1 (if one’s still available). Thanks for choosing the IMAX in my backyard! 🙂

10. July 17, 2008 at 9:16 pm

You’re in!

11. July 17, 2008 at 9:44 pm

I’m kicking myself as I type this because I can’t make it. However, I did want to leave a comment and let you know that I think this is an incredibly generous thing you are doing here. I hope everyone has a great time.

12. July 17, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Things may be different in California, but up here in Seattle Friday is the 18th, not the 17th as stated in your post.

Have fun!

13. July 18, 2008 at 1:33 am

Sweet! Can I get 2 tickets?

If we can get a group photo at the theater, my company (Photacular) will donate free photo T-shirts to all who attend.

14. April Slaugh
    July 18, 2008 at 4:09 am

Hi Bro. MacAskill,

Just got back from the midnight showing at AMC 16. I hope you’re a big fan of Batman, because this one will blow you away! Brilliant! I won’t post any spoilers, but this one is intense.

Best wishes,
    April Slaugh

15. July 18, 2008 at 7:44 am

I can’t attend (seeing as I am in NJ!) but I did want to comment that I think its an awesome thing you are doing!

Have fun!

16. July 18, 2008 at 9:50 am

@Darla Weiss:

You’re in for two! See you there!

17. July 18, 2008 at 10:00 am

So – how was the movie?!

18. July 18, 2008 at 4:59 pm

I could go on about a lot of stuff like seeing remarkable scenes in IMAX, but The Big Thing is Heath Ledger’s performance as the most awesome Joker ever.

Not sure Maggie was hot enough…

19. July 19, 2008 at 10:11 am

Thanks for the ticket! And for choosing the IMAX in my back yard!

It was great to meet you and part of the SmugMug team.

For the opening scene alone, it was worth seeing it on the IMAX big screen. Just like the previous movie, this Batman was amazing; especially they way you think the movie is about to end and there is 30 more minutes yet. The suspense held really well through out the entire movie, indicated by the knot that I still had in my stomach well after the movie ended.

I also concur with Chris’ comment about Heath Ledger’s performance.

20. Brent
    July 19, 2008 at 2:01 pm

I’m going to wait to pass judgment on this movie and the acting because I’m hearing and reading a lot of reviews and opinions from actual moviegoers that conflicts with what I’m reading here. That aside, however, I can tell you that when I see it I would like to opt for the IMAX version. Anything in HD on a screen that big is worth something, I would guess. Thank you for sharing your experience with your readers.🙂

21. James
    August 22, 2008 at 8:09 am

I wasn’t event aware this was at the IMAX till I read this blog entry. I went and saw it last week and all I can say is W.O.W!

Former FatBrainer {*}

22. Jase
    August 27, 2008 at 2:40 am

Hey Don, wish I could have joined you but it’s a bit far from Switzerland😉 Luckily I managed to catch it at IMAX Irvine, OC.

IT IS AWESOME!!! One of the best films I’ve seen and on IMAX – just WOW! hope everyone enjoys/enjoyed it😀

23. August 27, 2008 at 10:29 am

I love your iphone apps but please fix your facebook app! Don, I couldn’t find your email anywhere so I had to post this here. Loyal Smugmugger, Ken

24. August 27, 2008 at 10:38 am

@Ken Barnett

I hate to say this, but we don’t *have* a Facebook app, so there’s nothing for us to “fix”. 😦

That’s not to say we wouldn’t build one, though. If we were to build one, what would you want it to do?

25. September 7, 2009 at 11:56 am

hi every i really like your comment many knowledgeable information in this site and every articles in this site really very nice thanks for share it .

26. November 14, 2009 at 3:33 pm

dineHey Don, wish I could have joined you but it's a bit far from Switzerland😉 Luckily I managed to catch it at IMAX Irvine, OC.

1. September 17, 2008 at 10:03 am